Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 400
Focal length 400mm
EC +0.3
Cropped for compo
Handheld

Gautam Biswas
28-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Nice image of these birdlings. I am sure you would have wished those vegetations in the foreground were not there. But I guess those challenges in the field make wildlife and nature photography so interesting!

Tushar Dixit
28-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Beautiful capture! First time seeing tern chicks. Nice details & angle. I guess this could be the only angle to click them as chicks at this stage would seldom come out of vegetation. Did you see them out on open?

Mrudul Godbole
28-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Cute ones. Its nice you could photograph them. I agree with Gautam and Tushar. Good you could get some eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Good to see a river tern chick. Wish you had a better view without the out of focus vegetation. However, that is not always possible. Your 500mm (+1.4x)would have been good here. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Satishchandra Ranadive
28-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Nice image.Good to see them for first time.

Praveen Siddannavar
29-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks guys for the comments.

Tushar, I was shooting them from the boat, this is Bhadra reservoir near Simoga. It has small inslands and the place is famous for these River Terns, hence Jungle Lodges named their resort as River Tern Lodge, must see destination.

One can see 1000's of these birds and they lay eggs on the island, once they hatch. It is a treat to watch them catch fishes and feed the chicks. By end of June the river terns migrate from here and return after monsoons.