PDA

View Full Version : Pond Heron

Pralay Lahiry
28-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi everybody. Nice to be back. My ship has got internet now though how long it will last is not confirmed.:blink:
Took this snap of a pond heron at a waterbody near Kolkata. Did some editing with Picasa. Please comment. It was a vertical shot and slightly cropped. Tried getting the reflection in the water.

Nikon P100
1/100s
f/5.0
ISO 200

Mrudul Godbole
29-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Good to hear that you will be able to access the forum from the ship :).
The vertical composition is fine. Have you done any selective processing in picasa as only the centre portion appears to be different? You could have bumped up the ISO a bit more for a narrower aperture. It will be good if you post images without the borders, as they distract. Thanks for sharing.

Tushar Dixit
29-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Nice mood in the image. What is that golden patch?

Pralay Lahiry
29-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes. Did this with Picasa because the light in the background was very distracting. Tried B&W but became too drab. So decided to give the mid portion a bit of colour.
Yes, should have used higher ISO.
Okay, shall post without the distracting frame colour. Thanks.

Sabyasachi Patra
30-11-2010, 09:51 PM
This looks like watching a movie in black and white tv with a coloured glass infront. Well, I don't know how to explain this to our younger members. That was the early eighties when few households had colour televisions. :)

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Pralay Lahiry
30-11-2010, 11:45 PM
I was wondering that it resembled something that I had seen. You have reminded me. Thanks Sabyasachi :)