PDA

View Full Version : Leopard..!!

Dipankar Mazumdar
06-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Leopard (Panthera pardus fusca) We spotted this female Leopard while on a pre dawn safari in a small village called Bera in Pali District of Southern Rajasthan. Amidst pitch darkness, the search light pinpointed two mesmerising green orbs on the hillside. We slowly approached closer until we were about 30 yards away to observe her.

EOS 50d+ 300 f4 IS L at f4, 1/40, iso 1600.

Look forward to comments
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
06-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Wow what a stare. You captured a lovely moment. Its good you just got the eyes in the clear. Is it a small wound on her throat? Look forward to more in the series. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Nice pose and image. One should refer to Dipankar's excellent article on the Leopards of Bera http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5043 for more details about the place and the conservation issues and challenges.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
06-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Very nice image. The stare is nice. The tongue flick adds to the image. The article was very nicely written and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
07-12-2010, 07:02 AM
Wow! Lovely image. Does look an injury, Dipankar any idea about her injury?

I had missed out on post, with the info and details that you had provided on Bera, it is nice to know that so many Leopard exist in this place. I wish the govt acts soon before these beautiful cats diminish.
tfs

Sabyasachi thanks for providing the threat, has completely missed out, great info by Dipankar.

Roopak Gangadharan
07-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Excellent pose and eye contact.The blood i guess is from the Kill??

TFS
Roopak

Srinivasamurthy Prakash
14-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Excellent shot the eyes says it all.