PDA

View Full Version : Marsh Crocodile

Sabyasachi Patra
12-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I had photographed this crocodile (Crocodilus porosus) at Ranganathittu when it was sunning itself.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm F4L IS USM, ISO 200, f5, 1/320. Full frame. Look forward to your comments.

Bibhav Behera
13-03-2009, 03:12 AM
I like the texture of the croc which has come out although the rock seems slightly overexposed. I also like the angle which forms when u look from the tail to its head and tail to lower jaw... I guess you were shooting under harsh lights... Another suggestion would be that if possible you could have gone a bit to your left (As per boat constraints :) ) so that the length of the croc could have come out more...
Disclaimer: That's just my opinion. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
13-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Bibhav,
I will post one with the tail for you. Attaching a toned down version

Mohammed Raheel
13-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Sabyasachi,
I feel the original picture looks better. The texture of the croc's body is better in it compared to the new version.
So real, it appears it will slide into water from the frame itself.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Mohammed,
You are right. The texture details are better in the original as, when you try to decrease the highlights, the body details get impacted as well. Higher contrast, including the small shadows of the scales give an impression of higher depth.

Bibhav Behera
13-03-2009, 08:47 PM
I agree sabya bhai...

Udai Bisht
15-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Liked this shot very much (the first one). The moment you see this, you are struck by the size of the croc. Open mouth is also nice...but from a distance ;)