PDA

View Full Version : Large Egret

Gautam Biswas
12-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Created this image in Bharatpur with the Canon EOS1DIII and the EF 500mm f4 plus a 2x TC at ISO 500 f8 and 1/640s.

Mrudul Godbole
12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Nice pose captured. The feathers are well exposed. Sharp and nice details. The habitat looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
12-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Dear Gautam,
Good use of the 2x here. How do you find the sharpness with the 2x attached? Nice eye contact. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Gautam Biswas
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM
How do you find the sharpness with the 2x attached?
Ofcourse not as sharp as the 500 alone or even with a 1.4xTC. Definitely it is softer. I use it more of a necessity to fill the frame as close to the final composition as possible. If the light is good and a low ISO is possible, I may use the 500 alone with the intention of getting the final composition after cropping in post-processing. However, when the light is poor and a higher ISO is needed, I believe the quality is better with a 2xTC well focused than a cropped image or when the subject is relatively stationary so that I can have the best focus.
Another technique I use, specially with stationary subjects is to approach the subject at a safe distance, take few images with the 2xTC and then if possible slowly move closer to the subject as far as possible making images without the TC.

Praveen Siddannavar
13-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Beautiful composition, the ruffled feathers look good. The habitat is portrayed nicely.Nice sharp shot.
tfs

Tushar Dixit
13-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Loved the feel of the image! Awesome results with 2x. Lovely exposure and angle of the light is working here for the subject. TFS.