Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 5
ISO 1600
Focal length 170mm
Full frame
Handheld

Mrudul Godbole
16-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Nice environment photograph. The pose is nice. The hint of grass on its head looks good. I think placing the elephant a bit more to right with the tree on the right border would have enhanced the composition further. Did you get any images with the trunk raised? Thanks for sharing.

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
16-12-2010, 12:26 PM
One can clearly see the wet temples indicating that he is in musth.

Wet leg (due to continuous urine dribbling) is also indicating that he is in constant search of a potential mate.

It will be amazing to know from where this big fellow is coming from...

Being after elephants is a never ending quest. Addicting as well. But I will avoid going anywhere near these bulls in Musth not only for safety reasons but also for not upsetting their temper when they are in their biological urge.

TFS.

Roopak Gangadharan
18-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Like this better than the previous image. Compo wise agree with mrudul.Nice observation lakshmi sir.
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
20-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Agree with the previous comments. I wish the tree in the foreground were not there. Frontal lighting would have been great in this case as the other side would have been lighted as well. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mohan Raj
25-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Fully agree with Lakshminarayanan on Musth. I love the composition and this elephant.:thumbup:

Praveen, TFS