PDA

View Full Version : The Sambhar and the Tamarind

Vikram Gupchup
14-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Posting after a long time.

We are back from a trip to Kanha. This is the first shot of the trip.
I have really started liking b/w and what I have now started calling wildlife landscapes.

1/40 @ f2.8 iso 400 early in the morning .

Sabyasachi Patra
15-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Vikram,
I am uploading a version with higher contrast. This scene would work in Sepia and with slightly different tinge as well.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I tried to visualise multiple scenarios of capturing this image. Of course you may not agree with all of those.

I would have liked to use a soft focus lens to create a dreamy image. Since I don't have a soft focus lens, I would have breathed on my lens to make it foggy and would have taken a shot. That scene would have looked somewhat like this.

Vikram Gupchup
16-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the suggestions . The possibility for pp in such images is endless and I enjoy revisiting such images again and again to tweak them.

One thing I noticed . may be this is not the place to point it out . I have posted the same image on orkut. The same file has been uploaded. How is the orkut image looks sharper? the difference is more apparent in b/w images.

Sabyasachi Patra
16-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Vikram,
Did you upload the same photo in Orkut? I looked at your orkut photo, it looks sharper and with more contrast. I downloaded the photo from this site and uploaded in orkut and it is not much different. So I guess, they might be two different photos.

Vikram Gupchup
16-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Even I find it strange. Too easy to do something stupid with too many files to manage and working with two computers and multiple portable hard disks.
I shall try it out with another image to recheck.

Ranbir Mahapatra
17-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I tried to visualise multiple scenarios of capturing this image. Of course you may not agree with all of those.

I would have liked to use a soft focus lens to create a dreamy image. Since I don't have a soft focus lens, I would have breathed on my lens to make it foggy and would have taken a shot. That scene would have looked somewhat like this.

Nice technique of creating the dream sequence! Thanks for the tip Sabyasachi.

A very intimate composition Vikram. The foggy image is much more impactful here. The monochrome frame definitely adds on to that surrealistic feel.

One of the BBC wildlife photography contest winner(?) had taken an extreme long shot of a fox (which was a mere spec in comparison to the total image) dramatically pouncing for a hunt. I reckon the good thing about the image was that it somehow connected well with the surrounding.

This image conveys a similar feel. Good capture Vikram.