PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

Bibhav Behera
03-01-2011, 08:34 AM
My new year's was a delight. Had been to Palolem beach for clicking some dolphins. Inspite of the huge crowd, I was able to get a boat and go out to sea. It was extremely difficult to shoot as it was windy and the water surface not smooth. Still managed a few shots...

This isn't a great image, but I guess you understand the New Year Emotion... :)

Happy New Year everyone :)

1000D and 300f/4
SS 1/640 (+0.3 EC)
f/7.1
ISO 200

I let this remain as a full frame image.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice way to start the year with a Dolphin sighting. It is not easy to shoot in windy conditions. Good that you took the boat and tried. Atleast, there is now a documentation.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Happy New year. Nice sighting. Understand it might be quite difficult to photogragh in a boat with lots of people and wind. Hope you can get more of dolphins while you are in Goa. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
03-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks Mrudul. I had taken the boat to myself fortunately. However it was windy and tricky while looking through the lens and through the other 'free' eye anticipating where they would surface next. Good fun though. Would love to go there again. :)

Praveen Siddannavar
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Happy New Year Bibhav, it's treat to watch Dolphins. I wish you were able to photograph it in full. The best time is to go early morning, i used to take frequent boat rides from Varca Beach Resort (Club Mahindra) at 7am and sighted many Dolphins in pairs. During those days I was not into photography & didn't have DLSR:( hence have filmed them using my handy cam.
I am sure you will see plenty of them in your next trip
tfs