PDA

View Full Version : Lion-tailed Macaque - portrait II

Sabyasachi Patra
03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
This image has a decent ISO as compared to the previous one http://indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5767 :D

ISO 3200, f5.6, 1/400

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV. Full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow! Another nice portrait of this beauty. The exposure is well controlled, except the bg seems over-exposed correct me if I am wrong. The details are good. Your images are tempting me to make a quick visit:), pl send details ASAP
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
The background was the open sky. I deliberately exposed that way to get the background in this manner.

This Lion tailed Macaque was clicked in Valparai. I will share others, which were clicked elsewhere. The problem with Valparai is that accommodation options are pretty basic. In the last couple of months, I have checked most of the estates and they are the best bet in terms of a comfortable stay. You need to trek in the estates to do some birding. The best hornbill options are about 100kms from Valparai. However, hotels are pretty basic.

Mrudul Godbole
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Lovely portrait. The eye contact is nice. Good details. It is quite difficult to photograph them against the light as is in most of the cases. You need to get the details on the face right and the sky gets overexposed. I liked the way it is holding the tree, very human like. Thanks for sharing.