PDA

View Full Version : Sunset in the Ghats

Sabyasachi Patra
04-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, EF 24-70 f2.8 L USM at 35mm, f18, 1/30, ISO 800, handheld, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
05-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Beautiful shot.The mountain ridges have added to the beauty.Can you share something about metering mode ,the way you took the snap as there are some details also in the underexposed part ,like the flowers in the foreground.Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Kalpa

Mrudul Godbole
05-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Lovely landscape. The colours in the sky add to the composition. The cloud patterns are nice. The mountains give a nice feel of dense jungle. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
05-01-2011, 03:03 PM
The layers and colours look nice. The dark cloud in the top is a bit of a bother for me. Otherwise a lovely image. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Beautiful shot.The mountain ridges have added to the beauty.Can you share something about metering mode ,the way you took the snap as there are some details also in the underexposed part ,like the flowers in the foreground.Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Kalpa

The metering mode is important as well as not important, it depends how you use it. You have to be aware of how each mode behaves and use it according to your necessity.

For example, while filming, the metering mode is centre weighted and if you click while filming, the images would be metered accordingly. Unless you chose manual mode.

In this case, I knew how much of underexposed areas I want and how much of details to be included. You need to take the meter reading from the right parts of the sky, else the sky will either get burnt out or the foreground will have a washed out look. In these situations, light changes fast, so you need to take your decision soon.

Please check the tips section for the article on metering issues: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1970