PDA

View Full Version : Kestrel Hovering!

Tushar Dixit
05-01-2011, 10:22 PM
After countless efforts, got the one that I think presents the complete wingspan and its beautiful plumage. Kestrels hover mid air and then swoop down on their pray. I love this style, which is also effectively employed by the BSK.

Clicked in Pune with EOS 7D, 500mm f/4L IS+1.4x, f/8, ISO 800, 1/1250. BG color enhanced in PP. C&C most welcome!

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Lovely. I like the pose. The eye contact is nice. It is not easy to track and focus a bird through a long lens. Ofcourse, hovering at one place helps. I think an even higher shutter speed would have been better.

I am not sure the background colour enhancement adds to the image. You may experiment with brightening the subject a bit and reducing the background colour and see if it works better.

Overall, a nice capture. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
06-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Wow! Lovely wing spread, the eye contact & details are nice. I tried similar shot recently on BSK at Belgaum, unfortunately I didn't have my TC so the subject seemed far.
tfs

Roopak Gangadharan
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Excellent pic. Nice eye contact and wing span.The details are good considering the difficulties involved. Very well done.
TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
06-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice behavior captured. The wing span and the details are good. Good eye contact. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.