PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Dove (Male)/Ganeshgudi

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
from Ganeshgudi...again;), last year same time I had photographed Emerald Dove at Ganeshgudi, it was nice to see him again:001_smile:
This image is that of a male that has a silver crown on the head, while females don't.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 3200:thumbdown:
Focal length 500mm
Cropped
Monopod

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice image.
I wonder what stuff was there in that earthern plate to attract thes many birds..

Sabyasachi Patra
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice image. Wish the light was better. Wish you had got it in a natural perch. I think they are fed in that plate.

To know more about impact of feeding birds:
http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=28671#post28671

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Tushar Dixit
07-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Lovely capture, Praveen! It's the beauty of G'gudi. Nice colors and head turn. This guy always used to visit the plate in the extreme corner, so never managed a decent shot with 400mm :( BTW, really nice shot at that high an ISO.

The birds are not fed at G'gudi. These are water dishes, which is a guaranteed source of water especially in summers. The staff ensures that the dishes are replenished at regular intervals.

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys for comments, I am in agreement with Tushar. Birds are not fed in Old Magazine House ( Ganeshgudi), however the pots are topped up with water all the time. I have met one staff member aged about 50 years old who has been watering the pots for past 8 years, and can id all birds with detailed info.

So Sabyasachi your assumption is completely wrong, unfortunately on this one.

Tushar Dixit
07-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Praveen - are you referring to Jumma? He is an awesome person man - someone who has learnt so much not through books but by sheer experience of being in the woods. Hope he's doing well. I was trying to call him after seeing your posts but couldn't get through :(

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Good catch.Nice details & eye contact.TFS

Regards
Kalpa

Sabyasachi Patra
07-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Tushar and Praveen,
Thanks for correcting me. Good to know that they are not fed. I would prefer they get water through a small pond or pond like structure. That doesn't require much of space. That would be good for photographers as well. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Dhamankar
08-01-2011, 11:07 AM
very nice image.
Atul

Mrudul Godbole
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Lovely bird. Nice eye contact and colours. The red beak looks good. Thanks for sharing.