08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Canon 500D
70-300mm
1/250
f7.1
ISO 200

Sabyasachi Patra
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Nice pose. Is it a big crop? Any cloning done?

Praveen Siddannavar
09-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Wow! nice image, was it building a nest? Don't often see these birds holding twigs in their legs. The light seemed a bit tricky.
tfs

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Nice pose. Is it a big crop? Any cloning done?

This is only 20 pc cropped.I have cloned out few distracting twigs around the bird.Light was bit harsh.
Last one month or so I have been encountering a problem in posting images and comments in this website.I can't post anything through my Land line BSNL connection.It comes as done everytime with nothing posted.I have been posting through my datacard only.What do you think ? Thanks..

Sabyasachi Patra
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
The smudge around vegetation in a few areas suggest the cloning. Most of the nature photography competitions and magazines won't accept cloned images.

In case of BSNL connection, I guess the net might be slow and getting disconnected frequently. So when you click the submit/post reply button, the connection would have got disconnected without you knowing. Also, if you are using your own computer/laptop, then after typing the user name and password it is better to use the Remember Me option.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Nice pose and eye contact. Liked the way it is holding the twig in its leg. Cloning is always easier to do and the image looks good, but we normally don't encourage cloning and feel that as photographers we can try to minimise the distractions in the field as much as possible. Whatever cant be avoided can be included in the image as it is their natural habitat.

Recently we upgraded the server, so the forum can be loaded easily from slow connections as well. I agree with Sabyasachi, the best thing to do is save the username/pwd and check if you are connected while submitting the image.