PDA

View Full Version : Basking in the sun

Mrudul Godbole
10-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Photographed this Kite at Hasserghatta this weekend. Had not seen this behaviour in Kites before.

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, 1/1000, f9, ISO 400, hand held

Comments and critiques welcome..

Sandesh Astgikar
10-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow Superb catch
Just like pharaohs symbol.:)

Praveen Siddannavar
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Lovely image Mrudul, it was interesting to see this behavior by the black kite. You have composed it to perfection, 100-400 has helped. I will post my versions later, i had tough time managing the frame with 500+ tc and also without tc. I guess we were very close to the BK.
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
10-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Lovely. Wish you were a bit to the left. That would have given some visibility to the inside of the other wing as well. Eye contact is good. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
10-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Wish you were a bit to the left. That would have given some visibility to the inside of the other wing as well.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

We were just waiting infront of the Kite and photographing as Praveen has mentioned, when it suddenly spread its wings. So we clicked in frenzy.
After a few shots, Praveen, drove a little ahead so we could take more of the other wing as you have mentioned. But by that time it had drawn the wings close. I have a few images with both the wings open, but they are not as wide open like this one. Will post the other image soon.

Bibhav Behera
11-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The light angle works from this position. I think had you been more to your left, it would have been tough to get details in the wing on the right due the light from behind it. nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Fantastic composition.You have timed it very well.The details on the wing are good as well. I have seen brahminy kites also do this.

TFS
Roopak