PDA

View Full Version : Morning rays

Sabyasachi Patra
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
This image was clicked early in the morning near Chalakudy (may be 20 kms or so away).

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 67mm, f4.5, 1/50, ISO 800, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Beautiful composition. The dense jungle and the light rays give a nice feel to the image. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
12-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice image sir. Typical of the Tropical evergreen forest. The diffused and scattered light looks good.

This must ve been on the way to Vayachal and Athirapalli. Hope you enjoyed the drive thru sholayar. Used to be one of my favourite biking routes in college days. Pristine and totally devoid of traffic with lots of elephants around. Had an unforgetable experience with an elephant herd on a morning like this.:scared:. The traffic is a lot more these days but still holds some of its charm. Escp the sholayar strech

TFS. got me all nostalgic :).
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
12-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Roopak,
You are right. This is in the Vazachal forest division. Unfortunately, I didn't see an elephant there. There fresh dung on the road. I was told that elephants wait near the road, hidden behind clump of bamboo from dawn to dusk for the vehicle movement to stop, before crossing the road to drink water. Such is the sad state of affairs.

Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
15-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice image. Gives the jungle feel. Can almost hear the calls of the birds when I see this. A definite reminder of the beauties in the jungle. :)
Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
15-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Lovely Image. I can almost hear the sounds of the jungle: the calls of the birds, the chirping of the crickets, the songs of the babbling brooks and the whistles of the winds in the leaves. All to bring the orchestra into a harmony singing the songs of the wildernesses...
Thanks for sharing. :)