PDA

View Full Version : Lion..!!

Dipankar Mazumdar
15-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Young Male from the GNP, Route-1. Light was still a challenge, I realized the light in GIR drops off very abruptly, Thankgod for Anu Sachdeva and his 5D Mark II.....else this image would not have been possible.

I have a question, does the tree trunk cutting the image in two add to framing the face, or is cuts the Image too starkly???

EOS 5dII + 1.4x II at f5.6 , 1/250, ISO 3200.

Look forward to comments.
Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
15-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Lovely relaxed pose. The eye contact is nice. I am fine with the composition. As trees are not blocking the face. Definitely would have wished for the tree in the front to be not present in ideal conditions. You have composed nicely as the tree was unavoidable. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
15-01-2011, 11:50 AM
The image looks good considering the low light conditions. I like the composition. To me the the two trunks and the way the body of the animal is aligned give a sense of depth to the image.
TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
15-01-2011, 12:23 PM
The lion is watching something. The tree on the right is curved outwards ie. convex shaped and frames the lions head. However, in this image I think the issue is with the position from where you are shooting. Because of that, there is some negative space created at the right and hence our eye goes there.

It would have been good if you could have moved to the left, so that you were at an angle and the hind portion would have covered less space in the image. That would have strengthened the image manifold.

In the present composition, there is less space in the direction the lion is looking. However, from the present position, if you would have pointed the camera more to the left, then a part of the hind portion of the lion would have been cutoff. It would have looked bad, and I think that is the reason why you didnt leave more space at the left. This problem would have been solved if you or your vehicle could have moved or placed a bit more to the left.

Moving to the left will also have ensured that the grass is a bit more to the right and less of the lion is obstructed. However, I must admit that the eyes are in the clear and at present the grass is not much of a distraction.

A vertical would have been good, once you moved to the left.

When light is dipping fast, it is difficult to quickly analyse and place the vehicle. All this lengthy analysis is to make us better prepared for the next time. Overall this is a nice image. The previous suggestions are to make this a great image.

This is a handsome male. Look forward to more images of this one. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
17-01-2011, 07:45 AM
Wow! Lovely image, nicely framed between the trees.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
17-01-2011, 10:02 AM
The eye contact is engaging. I like how you have composed presently given that there was no room to move to the left. In case there was, then I agree with Sabyasachi's suggestions. Thanks for sharing.