PDA

View Full Version : No billboards please!

Sabyasachi Patra
16-01-2011, 11:11 AM
No billboards please....seems to say the Lion tailed Macaque. It worked on each of the boards and broke those and in agreement I wanted to record the moment.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 400mm, f6.3, 1/800, ISO 4000, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
16-01-2011, 04:15 PM
A very apt title. Lovely eye contact. It seems quite unhappy to see the tree stuck with all these boards. He might be wondering what are these doing on a tree, they are not fruits or leaves. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
17-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Nice image Sabyasachi and well documented. you wish to send one to the local authorities. Any reason for iso 4000?
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
17-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Praveen,
I was more interested in filming it. When I thought it is going to jump, I moved into still photography mode with a higher shutter speed. The light was low, and I bumped the ISO without looking at the dial. It went up a bit more than necessary. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
17-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Apt title. The eye contact is nice. The eyes of the LTM are always very engaging.

Education business is getting so competitive that i guess people have started targeting other species as well and when you see the professionalism of some of the so called professionals, I guess the LTMs will do a much better job..

TFS
Roopak

Mohan Raj
25-01-2011, 07:15 AM
It is disheartening to see these plastic boards in shrinking LTM habitats of Valparai. Thanks for posting an important picture that conveys how human activities cause damage to wildlife.