PDA

View Full Version : Eurasian Spoonbill (Platalea leucorodia)

Goutham Dikshith
17-01-2011, 03:23 PM
clicked this at ranganthittu bird sanctuary this month .... the season has started so many spot billed pelicans , open-billed storks , painted storks and spoonbills have arrived . Had a gala time shooting these creatures ..... its been a long time since i posted here ... exams were going on :-)

EXIF details :
cam : nikon L110
SS : 1/240
f/11
focal length : 75mm
iso 100
exposure compensation : -2 step

Sabyasachi Patra
17-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Goutham,
I am sure your exams would have gone well.

Nice image. The red eye looks good. The whites on the head has been overexposed. You may try to recover those. Lowering the contrast a bit will also help.

How much crop is this? Did you do anything to the background? What are some marks at the bottom?

The black background look was popular sometime back, especially in macro, till people got bored of it. These days the focus is more on showing the habitat and the interdependency of the species on its habitat. However, it is not easy to show the habitat, especially in Ranganathittu where so many branches criss cross in the background.

Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
17-01-2011, 04:55 PM
The red eye attracts attention. The composition is nice. Agree with the above comments. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
17-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Lovely close shot, the details are nice.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
18-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Lovely eyes. The composition is nice. The dynamic range of compact cameras is not as high as DSLRs, hence controlling highlights becomes an issue. But seems you have done well. The light angle adds to the image. The beak is aligned along the diagonal and hence looks good. Thanks for sharing.
This image makes me want to go back to Ranganathittu again.

Roopak Gangadharan
18-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Nice composition.The eye looks good.
TFS
Roopak