PDA

View Full Version : Tiger/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
20-01-2011, 08:28 PM
from the recent trip, this was shot very close to Bandipur reception opp to the Govt cottages:ohmy:

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 400
Focal length 500mm
Almost full frame
Hand held

Mrudul Godbole
21-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Lovely sighting. I liked the habitat. Its good you got her fully in the frame. Its quite dangerous to know that she was quite close to the office area, I would say dangerous mostly to her than the people. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Nice to see the tiger in open. The face is in shadow, else it would have looked great. Most of the times the tiger gives the humans space and moves away.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Lakshminarayanan Nataraja
21-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Agree with Mrudul that it is quite dangerous for the tiger to be this close to humans...Situation in Bandipur is getting unfavourable.

Few packs of wilddogs are habituated in Bandipur. This is not of great danger.

Tourists and over excited photographers should give a wide berth to this majectic creature. Tigers should not be habituated. A tiger in open in broad day light near noisy human beings is strange.

Authorities should ensure that discipline is maintained by tourists, photographers and operators by not breaching the animals tolerable limits.

Bibhav Behera
23-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I like the composition. The dappled light looks good. Wish the head was lit. Agree that it is pretty strange to see tigers so close to human population.

Mohan Raj
26-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Good photograph. I see it normal in finding a tiger at its habitat except for humans there. Hope the tiger and its habitat will survive in Bandipur.

Praveen, TFS the info. :001_smile: