PDA

View Full Version : Dhole

Sabyasachi Patra
16-03-2009, 06:33 PM
I photographed this dhole in 2007 december at Nagarhole and finally cleared my processing backlog.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm F2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/100 sec. full frame.

Look forward to your comments.

Bibhav Behera
16-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Sabya bhai,
Nice capture of expression and action. Love that it's looking right into your lens. Was it worked up after seeing you or was there a potential prey (Hopefully not you)? I feel a slight shift of the Dhole to the left could have created more action. The space on the right would add to the slanting hind leg. What say?

Sabyasachi Patra
16-03-2009, 08:45 PM
I felt the grasses kind of framed the dhole, so did the framing accordingly. Probably, it is not clear from this image, the fellow is urinating.

Dholes are not known to attack human beings. It was aware of me, as I was on the ground resting my lens on my Safari bonnet. They were there for around an hour and fifteen minutes or so and were used to me.

Bibhav Behera
16-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh. I thought it was on the run making a Scouting/Reccie sojourn... :) seeing its alert ears pointed in your direction . Now that you mention it, the two tall grass tufts do form a sort of well in between... Pee in the well... then :p

Kiran Ghadge
17-03-2009, 12:33 PM
thats lovely image again... for PP I would have loved more contrast, saturation and sharpness.
Also low level angle is amazing

Sabyasachi Patra
17-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Uploading another version of the image. I realised the problem. My previous image was in Adobe RGB. I had forgot to convert it to sRGB colour space. For web viewing it is advisable to use the sRGB Colour space.

Kiran Ghadge
17-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Perfect...Thats looks great..
Thanks for sharing

Vikram Gupchup
18-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Nice Shot and Thanks for the tip. I generally keep the image in Adobe RGB. Will try the SRGB conversion on the next post.