PDA

View Full Version : Jackal on the run

Dipankar Mazumdar
25-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Dear All,
Jackal from the GNP. It was very early morning, and this jackal had no regard for the low light, or the poor photographer pumping up the ISO to unacceptable levels and broke into the fair trot. Making a acceptable picture of a stationary subject at 1/15 is remote, what to talk of a picture of a trotting Jackal.

I have often felt that the Camera makes very sharp distinction on what could be acceptable levels of light when compared to a human eye. I used to feel that DSLR makes a hash of perfectly well lit subjects. However in this case, the camera made the scene brighter than it actually was.

5D Mark II + 300 f4 IS + 1.4x II @ 1/15 , f 5.6, ISO 3200.

Look forward to comments.

Dipankar

Bibhav Behera
25-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Lovely image. I like it a lot. Only wish it were slightly more parallel to you. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
25-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Quite difficult conditions to photograph. If it had been parallel to you, that would have helped to get a higher depth of field. The motion displayed is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
25-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Lovely sighting, gives a sort of panning effect. Ideally you should have shot this without a TC, just the 300 f4, it would have helped to increase the shutter speed for a sharper image.
tfs

Mohan Raj
26-01-2011, 07:41 AM
Looks like this mammal cannot withstand the onslaught of man. Magical.

TFS. :001_smile:

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2011, 07:51 PM
I can imagine the low light. The shutter speed choice is fine for a motion blur image. It takes some experimentation to get it right, especially the head relatively sharp. Wish it were moving parallel to you. That would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi