PDA

View Full Version : Red Necked Falcon

Amit Gupta
27-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Red Recked Falcon, Churu, Rajasthan, Dec 2010.

EOS 40D+Ef400L f5.6, handheld @ 1/1000; f5.6; ISO400

Roopak Gangadharan
27-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Great sighting.Perch and eyecontact look good.wish the bird was closer .

TFS
Roopak

Praveen Siddannavar
27-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Lovely sighting, the colors have come out well & the perch too is nice. However the twigs penetrating towards the direction of the bird is a bit distracting, moving right if possible would have avoided the twigs in frame. Overall a nice image
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
28-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice sighting. Liked the eye contact. You could have used a further narrower aperture. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-01-2011, 10:41 AM
I agree with the previous comments. The eye contact is fine. I guess the bird was at a distance. In such cases, getting the focussing right is very important as by pressing the AF button we get close to the bird but not precise focussing. Handholding makes it tougher.

Composition wise, I like it, as the branches lead the eye into the frame. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Amit Gupta
28-01-2011, 08:16 PM
My first sighting of this one:001_rolleyes: yes, the (small) bird was at afair distance, hence this is a cropped image. about 50%

Mrudul: I try to use wide open as it gives leeway on SS, works against me at times i guess.

sabyasachi: I have doubts on the focus caliberation of my setup as I often see a slight back focus, even when having consciously 'focussed' with the button.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Amit,
I think it would be better if you can get it calibrated with Canon? Check how the performance is with another body. The 40D doesn't have the focus micro adjustment. Else, you could have tried that.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi