PDA

View Full Version : Mother | Bandipura

Bhargava Srivari
31-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Shot this image in the second week of January. We were all wishing to catch a glimpse of Gowri's cubs, the tigress in the image. That didn't happen, but, we sighted gowri 4 times during the course of our first safari of the trip:)

Equipment: canon EOS 60D
sigma 150-500mm
handheld

Image details: ISO 1250
EV -0.3
shutter speed 1/200sec
f/8
focal length 167mm

The image was shot after 6pm and it was almost dark then. The shutter speed was a tad too low for my liking, specially because I was shooting handheld! Time for a bean bag perhaps:)

Mrudul Godbole
31-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Sighting her 4 times in a safari, that is great :). It is good that you got her walking into the frame. I would have liked a bit more space on the right. The eye contact is nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
31-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Sighting four times in a Safari is phenomenal. A higher shutter speed would have benefited the image. Also, in such situations, it is better to get the focusing right. Please remember that the focus will lock on to an area according to contrast. So invariable the critical focus is not in the face. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
01-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Wow! lovely sighting Bhargava, the other day we also saw her moving a long distance. Not sure where the cubs are and I guess they are too small to come out.
tfs

Ruben Alexander
01-02-2011, 05:17 PM
nice capture..
but the focus on the face/ eyes is not enough.. probably as you pointed due to insufficient shutter speed..
one more thing.. is the square crop.. some more space for the tiger to walk into.. would have been good!

keep clicking! :)

Bhargava Srivari
01-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Mrudul and Ruben,

Thanks so much for writing your suggestions:)

There isn't too much space on the right side in the original image also:( This image was cropped by less than 5%

Regards

Bhargava

Roopak Gangadharan
02-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice shot. your cat luck is amazing.Good for you and good for us.keep posting.
TFS
Roopak