Mode: Av
Tv: 1/200 sec
Av: f/6.8 (f/4 X 1.7)
Sensitivity: ISO 100
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 ev

Sabyasachi Patra
17-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Aditya,
I love the clean background and the composition. I think it is a paddyfield pipit. Where was it photographed?

Bibhav Behera
17-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not too sure about the species you clicked. But I'd clicked a Paddyfield Pipit recently, it is somewhat more yellow and has a whitish line over its eyes with brown strokes over its head. Maybe it is one of the warblers.

Lovely composition. I love the straws in focus along with the bird. The bird is nice and sharp.. Good shot. These birds are very frisky and tough to get at one place...

Ranbir Mahapatra
17-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice composition. I am mentally debating whether cropping out the small stone chip in the foreground (towards extreme right bottom) would make it more precise & impactful. Cropping in that plane would also give more space to the main subject here.

Would love to know the EXIF for it. I think you have mentioned about the equipment used...

Aditya Panda
17-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Aditya,
I love the clean background and the composition. I think it is a paddyfield pipit. Where was it photographed?

Thank you. The clean background has been the result of shooting at 510mm (300 X 1.7X) at 4.6 feet. I used a car as a hide and managed to have a whale of a time with two of these! It was photographed near the Kausalyaganga wetlands.

I'm not too sure about the species you clicked. But I'd clicked a Paddyfield Pipit recently, it is somewhat more yellow and has a whitish line over its eyes with brown strokes over its head. Maybe it is one of the warblers.

Lovely composition. I love the straws in focus along with the bird. The bird is nice and sharp.. Good shot. These birds are very frisky and tough to get at one place...

Thanks buddy. But this is definitely a pipit, can't be a possibly be a warbler I think. Talking about sharp, if you notice, there is a sharpness artifact under the tip of the beak, the result of being lazy and PPing a jpeg copy :(

Nice composition. I am mentally debating whether cropping out the small stone chip in the foreground (towards extreme right bottom) would make it more precise & impactful. Cropping in that plane would also give more space to the main subject here.

Would love to know the EXIF for it. I think you have mentioned about the equipment used...

Yeah, sorry, I got disconnected while uploading the image, so half the info was there and half was missing. Have added the EXIF stuff. Cropping the brick out will leave very little gap behind the bird, I think.

Cheers!

Bibhav Behera
17-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks buddy. But this is definitely a pipit, can't be a possibly be a warbler I think.
Aditya,
I'm not too sure but it could be one of the pipits. But its not a Paddyfield that's for sure.

http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?action=searchresult&Bird_ID=2085

Aditya Panda
17-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Aditya,
I'm not too sure but it could be one of the pipits. But its not a Paddyfield that's for sure.

http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?action=searchresult&Bird_ID=2085

Hmmm.... I've been comparing, the beak looks identical, legs and body colouring too look identical, supercillium is also similar, though it can't be made out in my picture, as the bird's feathers are ruffled and the head looks rounder. I think I'm being more and more convinced it is in fact a Paddyfield Pipit. Thanks a ton for the link.

Cheers!

Udai Bisht
18-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Sharp bird and FG and a totally blurred BG look great. Lovely image.

Vikram Nanjappa
18-03-2009, 11:18 AM
It is a Zitting Cisticola. Uploading a photograph taken by me ( bad ) for comparison.

Aditya Panda
18-03-2009, 02:14 PM
It is a Zitting Cisticola. Uploading a photograph taken by me ( bad ) for comparison.

Thanks Vikram, but does the Cisticola spend most of its time on the ground? And isn't it smaller? Will post another picture, from a better angle, so that you can compare.

Cheers!