PDA

View Full Version : Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary: Info request pl

Dr Bananthahally Vijay
03-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I am planning to spend about 2 or 3 nights at Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary in Kerala, during the first 2 or 3 weeks of Apr 2011. If anyone has been there recently, it would be great if they could share info on these:

1. Accommodation options at Idukki WLS.
2. Availability of treks, safaris, Eco- tourism at Idukki WLS.
3. Wildlife sighting chances (as I understand Idukki WLS is rather small in area, about 77 sq. km, compared to its giant neighbor, Periyar (700 sq. km +).

Thanks.
:)
Bye
Dr. Vijay

V S Sankar
09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Green Berg Resorts,Kulamavu seems to be the one with some good facilities.Kulamavu is on way to Idukki from Moolamattom.

Another hotel I know of is at Idukki proper(Cheruthoni) which is a small hotel with accomodation.I dont about eco tourism projects there but a boating in the Idukki dam catchment can be a wonderful experience.Iam sure the cahnces of sighting elephants are really good.

Regards

Dr Bananthahally Vijay
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Green Berg Resorts,Kulamavu seems to be the one with some good facilities.Kulamavu is on way to Idukki from Moolamattom.

Another hotel I know of is at Idukki proper(Cheruthoni) which is a small hotel with accomodation.I dont about eco tourism projects there but a boating in the Idukki dam catchment can be a wonderful experience.Iam sure the cahnces of sighting elephants are really good.

Regards

Thanks, V S Sankar. Will follow up on the resort. Am looking for any good lodging close enough to the sanctuary so early morning treks or boat rides can be fruitful. One wishes eco- tourism is promoted well in all wildlife sanctuaries in India. Small towns could have good homestays at least.

Bye
:)
Dr. Vijay