View Full Version : Godwit from Mangalajodi

Satyabrata Mishra
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
tried this flight shot.

Canon 40D 100-400 L IS. 400 mm ISO 800 SS 1/4000

Bhargava Srivari
04-02-2011, 06:59 AM
I like the bokeh you've achieved. It would have been nice if you shared the
f-value. However, the light seems a tad low...1/4000sec shutter speed is too high for that situation, I feel. Something around 1/500sec or 1/750sec at the most would have sufficed maybe:)

A very nice attempt at shooting BIF. tfs

Praveen Siddannavar
04-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice flight shot, the water droplets have come out well and indicates she has just taken off. wish the light was on the face so that the eye would have lit. Not sure if the dof is sufficient, what was the aperture you had set while shooting this one.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
04-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I liked the flight pose, the wing spread is nice . The water droplets add to the composition. A bit more space on top and right would have enhanced the composition further. Agree about the light. The wings are nicely freezed. Nicely captured. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Good to see a flight shot from you. I agree with the previous comments. The water droplets look nice.

I checked the exif details. You have used f5.6 aperture. However, not knowing how big the crop is, it becomes difficult to comment.

Which AF point were you using?

If you are not sure placing the focus point on the base of the neck (if not on the head and eye), then better to use a narrow aperture like f8 so that the chances of head getting covered with depth of field is higher. Remember, the camera will lock focus based on the high contrast areas. With the head not lit, the focus is likely to be in the larger parts ie. the wings or brightly lit areas.

The background is well diffused. Look forward to more from mangalajodi.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
05-02-2011, 09:57 AM
The pose is nice. Good angle here. The background looks nice. The subject seems a bit soft perhaps due to the crop. Thanks for sharing.