PDA

View Full Version : Paradise from the midst of turmoil

Bhargava Srivari
08-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Shot this image at the Osmania University which is a mere 10 min walk from my home.
It was the first time I went there for birding after recent reports that several hundreds of birds died in the last year or so due to police firing during T-agitations,
and almost all the birds migrated to other places:( Honestly, I was only hoping to sight a few common birds ( at least!)
but I must admit this sighting came as a surprise:)

ASIAN PARADISE FLYCATCHER

canon EOS 60D
sigma 150-500mm
monopod

f/8
SS 1/20sec
ISO 1600
focal length 333mm
EV 0

Mrudul Godbole
08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Nice sighting. Good to know birds have come back there. The perch is nice. There is loss of details, is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
08-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks Mrudul for the comment. The image is full-frame. I had actually edited the image on my laptop instead of the LED desktop...so may be I ran excess noise reduction because I lost practice with editing on the LCD screen!!

Cheers

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
It seems light was low as the shutter speed is 1/20. I would go slow on noise reduction as details are important. Unless there are dark and out of focus patches, I would prefer to retain details. Watching a Paradise flycatcher is always a pleasure. Good to hear that the demonstrations, though causing grief to the civil society, has not resulted in irreversible damage to the avifauna and their habitat.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi