PDA

View Full Version : Spot & Click me if you can!

Praveen Siddannavar
09-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Sighting tigers is always a wonderful experience, and seeing one in Kabini was really special to me. I was in Kabini on the weekend, since there was work going on near Tiger tank we turned towards power line. As we drove for a while on power line at a distance we saw something moving thru dense vegetation. We then realized it was a tiger, shooting thru these thick vegetation was a challenge. The tiger did wait and stared at us for a while, so I clicked few images as record shots. The tiger then disappeared in the under growth. We expected the tiger to cross the main road, so drove back to the main road and waited for almost 45 mins but he didn't make his appearance.

Next day morning at GK tank we had another sighting of a Tiger but again as soon he saw us he didn't come out the bush. The tiger was moving around in the bush but we could not photograph.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/640
Av( Aperture Value ) 7.1
ISO 400
Focal length 400mm
Sub distance 80m
Full Frame
Bean bag support

Mrudul Godbole
09-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes I can see his ears :). It sure is disheartening when you can see that the tiger is there, but cant photograph. The habitat is nicely displayed. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
09-02-2011, 11:12 AM
All I can see are the ears! Love the habitat and I covet your luck with tigers:)

Tfs

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
09-02-2011, 04:59 PM
There used to be time - during our trekking days - when a sight of a pugmark used to get us excited. Sighting a tiger is always special. Photography is a bonus.

Roopak Gangadharan
11-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Nice.May be one of those Odd days when you got his ears and the tiger got you full frame praveen :).
TFS
Roopak