PDA

View Full Version : Asian Koel (Female)

Parikshit Khisty
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Shot near Manchinbele reserviour

Sabyasachi Patra
10-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice first post. Please introduce yourself in the Who's who section so that we can know more about you.

It is good that you got the bird without any intervening branches obstructing it. Reducing the saturation and opening up the shadows and lower contrast would look even better. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Parikshit Khisty
11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
As you said...difficult to find small birds without branches around.
I am not much into post processing yet...all i try is adjustment of light, contrast and saturation.
my good friend Senthil helped me removing 3 small branches to make this image look clean.
i will work on the suggestions that u have given and will improve on my PP skills.

one more thing...where and what is this Who's who section

thanks for the kind comments.

Mrudul Godbole
11-02-2011, 11:51 AM
The red eye looks good. Its quite difficult to get this bird in open. We mostly don't recommend cloning, as we feel we should try to avoid the distractions as much as possible in the field. That way we can portray the habitat as it is. When was this photographed? Look forward to more from Manchinbele.

P.S - This is the link to Who's Who section - http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22.
It is a section where members can introduce themselves with thier photographs, just to help identifying them in them field and know them better.

Parikshit Khisty
11-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I shot this last sunday.
Thanks for the link, will try and update the information