PDA

View Full Version : Malabar Pit Viper - Camo

Tushar Dixit
11-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Posting in Reptiles after a long. Had a nice trip to Amboli last month. Nothing much on birding front but came across this awesome specimen. Compared with other forms I have seen, this one was more reddish and hence virtually invisible on the tree barks. Hope I have been able to bring out its beautiful color against the tree bark :) Thx to Varun S. for locating it.

EOS 7D, 100mm f/2.8L IS @ f/8, 1/200, ISO 800, Manual with external flash. C&C most welcome!

Mrudul Godbole
11-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Great sighting. It is nicely camouflaged. The eye contact is nice. The vertical composition looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Excellent image tushar. The pattern and colours on the snake are really nice. I like the way it is coiled around the stump, can really launch itself from there and virtually undetectable, one of the real risks of walking in the rain forests.... shows why one shud be careful

TFS
Roopak

V S Sankar
13-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Excelent picture sir.The snake has really blend in with its surroundings.Great shot.

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
16-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Super! With this kind of colouration, it is tough to realise that a snake is nearby. It is holding on to the stump, so that it can launch and strike when a prey comes nearby. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Bibhav Behera
21-02-2011, 12:59 PM
What a camouflage!
Lovely specimen there. The S shaped body posture is typical of these snakes as they spring in a jiffy to attack. Thanks for sharing.

Mohan Raj
27-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I noticed the forked tongue has the colour patterns same as the body. A beautiful creature.

Tushar Dixit, TFS. :thumbup: