PDA

View Full Version : Pelican R turn Fight series

Sandesh Astgikar
14-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Canon 7D,
Canon 200mm f2.8 L USM.
TV1/8000, AV 4, Shot at RBS handheld.
Dear friends i am posting just an jpeg image Not done any PP.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-02-2011, 11:10 PM
That's nice. Good interaction. You have clicked at the right moment. The open bill of the pelican and the tern vertically over it makes it over the top. Is this a crop? If so from which side? Do you have any more space at the top?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Wow nice moment captured. The open beak looks great. I liked the wing spread of the tern. It is good you used a high shutter speed. Did you dial in a +ve exposure? The vertical composition frames the birds well. Thanks for sharing.

Sandesh Astgikar
15-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Thank you Patra sir and Mrudul
There is no space over the turn and i have not adj any expo comp.
regards
sandesh

Sabyasachi Patra
15-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Sandesh,

Wildlife photography is tough. A difference in a millisecond or an inch to the left or right (or top or bottom) will make a major difference. It is a continuous learning. Just keep an eye on what all you need to pick up. And slowly over a period of time you will realise that you are practicing the same things in the field.

More space at the top would have been great. How much of a crop from the bottom is this?

I am uploading a version here. Depending upon the mood you want to portray, you can enhance the contrast level and the background will change accordingly.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
16-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Well timed.Nice interaction captured here. compo wud been over the top with a little more space on top. I like the way the beak and pouch are lit up here, has come out good in the repost with a darker Bg.

TFS
Roopak

Sandesh Astgikar
16-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Thank you patra sir

Sandesh Astgikar
16-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Thank you Roopak

Bibhav Behera
18-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Lovely image. The included tern takes this image quotient up manifold. Thanks for sharing.