PDA

View Full Version : Fine art by Nature

Mrudul Godbole
19-03-2009, 07:41 PM
The Landscape Phototips mentions isolating a portion. After reading that I thought of posting this one from my Ladakh collections. The windblown sands had created a nice wavy pattern.

Canon EOS 350D, Canon EF 18-55 mm lens at 38mm, ISO 200, f5, 1/500.

Please tell me what you feel about the photo. Suggest a title as well.

Mohammed Raheel
20-03-2009, 09:30 AM
beautiful symmetry, was this picture taken early morning?
The colour of the sand is blue,,

Mrudul Godbole
20-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks. I took this in the evening around 5pm and the sky was cloudy as well.

Sabyasachi Patra
20-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I like this image and was waiting to see the response of others.

It is good that you concentrated on capturing a small portion of a vast landscape. The repeated patterns is nice and lead your eye into the image.

The diagonal composition makes the image stronger. Love the shuttle variations in the sand.

I debated about your choice of aperture. You have selected f5 and have focussed on the lower right corner and the image slowly fades away into the top left corner.

Typically people use f22 or so for these types of images to get the depth of field cover the entire area. However, the use of aperture of f5 gives a different interpretation to the scene. Don't want to bombard you with my philosophical interpretations. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
20-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks Sabyasachi for the input, just tried to photograph it differently :)

Bibhav Behera
21-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Lovely abstract thought there. I like the angle of the waves and the hue. The icing on the cake is the half formed wave. I think that adds the beauty to it immensely.

Mrudul Godbole
16-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks all for the comments.