PDA

View Full Version : Plantation Sunrise

Rajan Kanagasabai
19-03-2009, 08:23 PM
An early morning at Coonoor, from a tea plantation . . . The Green ground, the warm orange early morning sky and one large patch of threatening thunder cloud (Independance day!!) was too tempting . . . .

400D, F10, 1/500, 85MM, ISO 400

Rajan

Mohammed Raheel
20-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Nice picture,,,
The shadow of the trees are on the opposite side and also the sun seems to be rising on that side,,, or was the sun at your back?

Mrudul Godbole
20-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Wishing you Many Happy Returns of the Day..!! :-)

Seems you have shot it early morning. The colours in the sky are good. On the left side the sky is bright, but that is being blocked by the tree, it would have enhanced the image further.

A nice landscape.

Rajan Kanagasabai
20-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks Mrudul

Raheel, The sun was behind me - more to the left corner of my eye, as you can see from the shadows of the trees . . .

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
20-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Rajan,

I looked at your image for a long time. This image reminds of Anuradha Patel, the actress in movies like IZAAJAT. She had lovely features, she was good looking but nobody ever said that she was ravishing. It is important for all the elements to sync with each other well so that the final result is greater than the sum of individual items.

You have lovely greens, some good sky colours, dark clouds, some of the trees are in a line and lead your eye into the image etc. These elements can make a good image. However, in this case the dark cloud takes away lot of impact. The eye travels up and the dark cloud acts as a resting point. This image lacks an intimate view. May be if you could have clicked this image from a lower position with the camera pointed up at the sloping hill, there would have been more intimacy.

Overall, the image is nice.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dr Hari Venkatesh K R
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
excellent image..but the light on the tea plantation seems somewhat artificially lit..lik that under flood lights..the sky colours hav added to this image..its a classic shot overall