PDA

View Full Version : Tiger on misty morning at Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
08-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Sighted this huge male tiger on Sunday morning @ 7:15am during this weekend. This guy kept on walking and scent marking for a while, he turned once or twice and I missed to shoot as our jeep was moving. This is one of the shots that I managed. Will share few more images soon.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/250
Av( Aperture Value ) 4
ISO 640
Focal length 500mm
Full frame
Bean Bag Support

Sabyasachi Patra
08-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Praveen,
Which zone was this?

Lovely male tiger. This is a nice way to start your day with a "darshan" of God's most magnificent creation. The background has come out well. If the light was better, then I would also have tried a 1.4x and the head shot. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
08-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice composition. The background is nice. Lovely details. It surely seems quite relaxed looking around his territory. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the comments...

Sabyasachi - we sighted this Tiger on Bettada Katte, not an easy area to photograph any mammals, the area is quite dense as we keep driving up the high.

Bhargava Srivari
08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
What do I say?? This is fantastic!! I believe you've done the best among all the five of us who sighted this large male:)

Awith your permission, Praveen sir, I'd like to say to Sabyasachi: there simply wasn't time to try the 1.4x TC!!

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM
I know that one doesn't get much time to change lenses or TCs. However, the idea behind the critiques is to visualise and try to show an alternate path so that all of us grow up as a better photographer. The transition from Good to Great is not easy. We hope that critiques will help us in that journey. There have been many instances when I have missed photographing a tiger while changing lenses or TCs. Still I do it. :-)

Sighting a tiger is a bonus. Creating a good image is a double bonus.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
19-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Wonderful animal and photograph.As Sabya said a very good 'Darshan".Nothing can reinvigorate the souls,even on a misty morning,more than the sighting a big tiger.

I agree with Sabya on "critiquing"

Regards