Sujay Borde
11-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Sony H5
Inbuilt 12x zoom
My first post here, so a bit nervous.

Sabyasachi Patra
11-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi Sujay,
Welcome to IndiaWilds! Don't be nervous. This is a learning forum and we strive to give honest critiques so that people can improve.

I like the concept. Nice 'halo' around the kingfisher. Is this a crop or did you use the complete zoom? How close were you to the kingfisher? Were you handholding? When using long zooms it is better to rest the camera on some support (rock, wall, vehicle etc) or a tripod or monopod. That helps in getting sharp image.

Where was this photographed?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sujay Borde
11-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello Sir,

This photo is taken at Basar,Karnataka on the bank of river Godavari .
yes i clicked this at 12x zoom.The bird was approx 30-40 feet away.In this case there was no chance for taking support.

Mrudul Godbole
12-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi Sujay,

Welcome to IndiaWilds. The composition is nice. You could have moved the camera to the right, to place the bird more to the left than a centre composition. Do post the Exif details like aperture, shutter speed and ISO, that will help in commenting better. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
15-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi sujay,
this is a lovely post to begin with. The colours are soft and warm and appeal to the eye well. We can see a bit of details in the kingfisher which is nice and this doesnt work out to be a 'complete silhouette'. However I agree with the suggestion made regarding the use of an off centred composition. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.