PDA

View Full Version : Sub adult male Tiger

Dipankar Mazumdar
20-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Another picture of the Subadult male, was quite close, no crop from the original image.

lumix fz18 + TCON 17 teleconvertor (handheld) F-3.6, 1/100 ISO 200

Sabhyasachi da, I have used the exact method you recommended for post production, only deviated by doing the " Autolevels" option.Please let me know your comments.

Aditya Panda
20-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Very nice PP. Excellent sharpness, very well managed exposure. One really can't make out by looks alone that this is an image made with a point and shoot digi cam. Very good effort.

And of course, this goes without saying, but that's an awesome looking tiger!

Where was this?

Regards,
Aditya

Mrudul Godbole
20-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Sharp Shot. It is really great to get such a good close up.

Higher aperature possibly f8 would have enhanced the image further.

Great shot. :)

Sabyasachi Patra
20-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Dipankar,
I like this image. I like the manner in which the elephant grass has broken into a inverted V shape and framed the tiger. That helps in bringing the attention to the tiger. The eyes are also clearly visible. A correctly captured image requires very little post processing. Well done.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Dipankar Mazumdar
07-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Dear All,
I have sad news to report, The Mother of the Sub adult tiger pictured in this thread was killed by a Male. The incidents unfolded over the last weekend when i was in Ranthambhore. On wednesday night (1st April) the tigress was injured while defending her cubs, she was seen limping by the forest guards in the Zone-5 and the same was sealed off form Tourists. However on Friday night, there was another fight with the male and the body of the Tigress was recovered on saturday. the Cubs are well, as of now but face an uncertain future. They can hunt on their own , but the male still threaten their existence. Also if they are driven out from the protected area, they may fall prey to poachers in the lesser protected areas outside the park.

Its sad, but i guess this is the way nature works.

Cheers
Dipankar