PDA

View Full Version : Tiger : B&W II

Dipankar Mazumdar
24-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Dear All,

Tigress from the Ranthambhore national Park. I was hoping she would look at us and give us a better eye contact , none the less her distant look framed by the trees appealed to me as well.
I was about to post this in colour, Sabyasachi's Light and Shade theme was interesting enough to make me post in B&W.

EOS 50D + 300 F4 @ f 8, 1/400, ISO 1250. Vertical crop about 50%.

Look forward to comments.

Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
24-03-2011, 01:06 PM
I liked the composition. The b/w treatment looks good here, as it enhances the light areas and the tigress emerging from behind the tree catches attention. You got her well from between the trees. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Good to see you with one more black and white. Nice intent gaze with the tongue out. This is how its prey will view it. The herbivores like Sambar etc have a monochrome vision and one can know from this image how the tiger can blend in especially since the tonalities match the vegetation.

The head of the tiger is partially in shadow. That actually makes it challenging to sight it.

In this image, the tree in the left as well as the half of the tree visible in the right frame the tiger. It is good that the tree on the right has curved towards our left and helps in framing. There is an open space at the bottom, however, part of it is dark. So the eye doesn't get distracted much. The image would have been strengthened if slightly more of the tiger would have been visible, so this gap would have reduced.

The dark spot in the right tree branch is very near to the rule of thirds position. So it attracts attention a bit. I would like to see the colour version as well. Also, try to increase the highlights a bit and see.

Playing with black and white enhances our understanding of the various tonalities and it helps in improving our compositions. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi