PDA

View Full Version : Few pics from Valley school..

Sachin Shidlingannarar
27-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Hello Everyone,
A Bird from my yes'd trip to Valley school..
Thank u..

Mrudul Godbole
27-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Sachin,

Welcome to IndiaWilds.

Nice first post. I liked the composition with the tree bark at the bottom. The details are nice. A off centred placement of the bird with more space on the right would strengthen the composition further. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
27-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi Sachin,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Nice image. I agree with Mrudul that the texture of the tree has come out well.

What are the exif details? Without knowing the ISO, shutter speed, aperture and crop details it would be difficult to give an proper critique.

A higher depth of field would have been good as you have focused on the tree to get the excellent texture. The subject placement is bang at the centre. That makes the image static. So an offcentre composition would have been better. Less of space at the left to create an offcentre composition would have been good. This is more important as the diagonal lines formed by the sticks (or is it dried palm fronds?) leads the eye out of the image.

A closer approach and a vertical composition would have been better as well.

Framing looks good in prints. However, for critiquing online, frames distract and it becomes difficult to know the tonalities and highlights when there are frames all around. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sachin Shidlingannarar
28-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Sabyasachi & Mrudul - thanks for ur comments point taken .. & will update the Exif from next time..