PDA

View Full Version : Tiger : In the golden grass

Dipankar Mazumdar
31-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Dear All,

A Male from Zone-4, RNP , walking through the golden grass. \
It was an amazing moment, the tiger kept calling Aaaooongh, Aaaooongh..!! in its deep glutteral voice while walking along side the gypsy.

I heard this in the wild for the first time. It reminded me of our trips to the Kanpur zoo in my childhood, when the captive tigers used to call out at meal times.

The reason for this male's calling is not clear to me, maybe he was calling out to a mate...i could be wrong though.

EOS 50D + 300 f4 ISL at 1/500 f8 ISO 640. I reduced the colour temperature, sharpness from 5 to 3 and the contrast a bit.

Look forward to comments

Cheers
Dipankar

Bhargava Srivari
31-03-2011, 04:18 PM
That would have been a thrilling experience..I haven't heard calls from a tiger yet...depending on when you shot this, if it was in the last couple of months, it would have well been for a mate!

a very good shot..nice composition.

Bhargava

Mrudul Godbole
31-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice display of the habitat. The golden grass looks nice. The DOF looks fine. Why did you reduce the sharpness from 5 to 3? Seems it was call for the mate. Thanks for shatring.

Dipankar Mazumdar
31-03-2011, 04:50 PM
@ Bhargava: It was shot in March 2011

@ Mrudul : The image had speckles that appear on over sharpening, so i pulled the sharpness down.

Sabyasachi Patra
31-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Seems like a big boy. It is good that the eyes are in the clear. It would have been great if the lighting was from the left to right. Wish I get some time to spend with the Ranthambhore tigers. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi