PDA

View Full Version : Gruesome Whale Slaughter

Rajan Kanagasabai
21-03-2009, 08:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling_in_the_Faroe_Islands

This Gruesome custom, more barbaric and heights of human perversion now has a happy ending.

The wildlife groups of the world have rallied around the UN, who in turn has put enough pressure on the Danish government to ensure abolishing this custom and stringent anti whaling laws. An international observation/policing team has also been stationed here.

Some lessons for us, especially for saving our tigers, on the modus operandi of rallying world wide support may be a good learning. Especially with the likes of Sachin Tendulkar batting for the Tigers of the country, this may be the right time to rallly support . . . .

Rajan

Mrudul Godbole
23-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I also had heard about the custom of killing Whales. Thanks for updating all of us to know that it is now stopped.

I agree, that if famous personalities take up the issue of Tiger Protection, it will definately create more awareness and get focus.

Rajan Kanagasabai
23-03-2009, 03:56 PM
On second thoughts , i am wondering if i did the right thing posting here, for these are not related to the Indian wildlife scenario . . . .(honestly, my daughter pointed this out . . . . she said, dad, what are you doing with this post at INDIA wilds)

Sabyasachi, you may want to review this and remove if needed . . . sorry guys, my apologies if this is irrelevant (i have a feeling it is :-)). At times, Life provides us with lessons from unexpected quarters . . . . like in the wilds!!

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Rajan,
I am happy that when we slip, the younger generation is there watching. That's a good sign.

If we can learn from incidents abroad i.e. best practices that can be implemented here in India, then we should share them.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Chitrita Chatterjee
24-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I agree with Saby.... We learn from mistakes of others.... suggest keep the pic and article be kept on here....
its good to see the younger children noticing lapses on part of adults.... hope the trend continues..