PDA

View Full Version : Beware!

Sabyasachi Patra
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Panthera tigris tigris.

The same tiger as posted in this image Licking Lips - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6332) The tiger showing some attitude. :)

It was tough shooting through the vegetation, however, I got its head in the clear. I haven't processed my images, but after Dipankar's comment on the previous image I processed this one.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII, ISO 2000, f5.6, 1/250, full frame image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
04-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Lovely snarl captured. The eye contact is nice. Its good you got the face in clear. Why was he snarling? Thanks for sharing.

Dipankar Mazumdar
05-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Real purpose in that snarl, great eyes to go with it too. considering you were at 800mm range, you could not have been the reason for its angst.

I liked the overall coloration of both these images, soft greens of the background and the details on the tigers coat is rather different from the usual images having a predominantly ochre tone due to the dry habitat all around the tiger.

a little more space on the right perhaps ??

Cheers
Dipankar

Bibhav Behera
05-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Lovely image. The DOF is perfect here. The snarl looks nice. The glint in the eye makes this image for me. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
06-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Agree with comments below.Can almost hear the snarl :001_smile:.The focus on the head is spot on with all the bushes in front.

TFS
Roopak