PDA

View Full Version : Tiny frog.

Joshi Bhavya
07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
I take this image in past year,Very tiny frog.. about 1 or 2 cm. newly converted frog.. about couple of days..
with canon A495. macro.:001_rolleyes:
F/3.0
ISO:80
.. little sharpening, retouch. that it.

Sabyasachi Patra
07-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Send a PM to our resident expert Abhishek Jamalabad :) The texture in the body has come out well. A slight head turn towards you would have been great. Slightly more space in the front would be strengthen the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Sabyasachi,
I'm totally flattered :D :D :D. I have been busy with exams (they are still on), so I'm logging in after a long time. But I do find time to look at the new posts :).

Bhavya,
Nice shot. I like the low depth of field. Reducing the whites a bit might improve the image. Agree with Sabyasachi's tips on the composition. Overall a good shot. Nice work with the compact.

About the ID: I am completely baffled.:confused: Never seen anything like this (not even in photos, let alone in real life).
If you can provide info like the exact date (i.e. with reference to the monsoons) and location of the shot, and the habitat in which you found it, it might be easier to identify. How did you tell the age? Did you keep track of its development?
I will try to get the ID as soon as possible.

Joshi Bhavya
07-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Abhishek... for comment..

I found in Middle of monsoon not exactly in some what Aug end.. I think so.. In my hometown Rajkot (gujarat).. there is a lake name Lalpari..I found this tiny buddys. all over. in between the grass dry field

And I can see clearly no. of tadpole and frogs..roaming !

I have read somewhere that After converting into frog ...It just take 2 weeks to grown up .. and I just take guess about the age..Because It is very.... tiny.. small frog.. About not more than 2 cm..If you imagine New converted frog from Tadpole What should be its size..?

And I am Also trying to find ID of these frog.
so..Overall Thank you..
Sabyasachi, says you are expert so.. try your best..:laugh:

Abhishek Jamalabad
07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Bhavya,
The size of the frog, just after turning into an adult as well as its maximum size, is different for each species. You wont be able to tell the age by the size alone. Also, some species hatch directly as tiny frogs called "froglets", without going through a tadpole stage.
Do look for the ID, if I get it I'll let you know. The book that I have is an old one, so many of the newer species are not described in it. And the frog's colours can show a great deal of variation by region.

Joshi Bhavya
07-04-2011, 11:25 PM
If i am not wrong,.. this is not new species i am photographing to this species frog.. from 2 years And this type are roaming around my home also..in season..

but anyway..Thanks for information..:)