PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Charge

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Bandhavgarh National Park. This was from my 2007 files.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm F4 L IS USM, EF 1.4xII, ISO 320, f5.6, 1/800

Look forward to your comments.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
23-03-2009, 11:05 AM
what a beautiful shot, love the way you have composed this shot. space in right is perfect. grass and the water is amazing, outstanding shot

Ranbir Mahapatra
24-03-2009, 10:54 AM
The image looks like a Monet painting. The greenish yellow tinge of the grassland nicely compliments the yellow black stripe of our main subject.

We know that the tiger is readying for a charge. Strangely this image evokes more of tranquility and contentment, than pure exhilaration! I somehow feel, the profusion of multi variegated green accentuates the "feel good factor" and thus juxtaposes these two emotions nicely.

The image is technically great. The tiger is placed at a point, where you just cannot ignore. Though the shallow water pool does add more character to the foreground (nicely blurred), personally I might not have included that. Plus I might have gone in for better DOF.

Lastly, it would be nice if you could let us know if there are more images in this particular series. The tiger coming out a bit more into the open, might have made the image overall more dramatic.