PDA

View Full Version : Leopard & Cub/Kabini#1

Praveen Siddannavar
17-04-2011, 09:49 AM
One of the most beautiful moments that I ever had at Kabini was to see this caring mother and the playful male cub. Honestly a dream come true and of course a dream shot for me. Shot this on 14th April'11 just before 9am, location segur junction on the way to sunset point.

Camera Model Canon EOS 7D, 500mm
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/800
Av( Aperture Value ) 8
ISO 800
Focal length 500mm
Almost full frame
Bean Bag Support

Dipankar Mazumdar
17-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Praveen,
Brilliant..!! I love the background texture of the tree, make the Leopards look so in place. Both sharing eye contact with you is special. I wonder if a tighter vertical would add value to this special image.
Cheers
Dipankar

Sabyasachi Patra
17-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Wow! What a sighting Praveen!

The eye contact is nice. It is always a pleasure watching an animal with cubs. And when the subject is a leopard, it goes over the top.

It is good that you used f8. The depth of field is good. I agree with Dipankar that a vertical would also be nice. Slight tweaking of the colour temperature (bringing it down) will further strengthen the image.

Did you get any images of the mother licking the cub? Only one cub? Look forward to more from this series.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
17-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks Dipankar, will surely try the vertical crop and post it.

Sabyasachi there is only one cub to this mother, this has been sighted on 3 occasions including mine. I have few more images to share will post them soon,
thanks

Mrudul Godbole
17-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Truly a dream photograph. Lovely eye contact and details. Its good that you got both of them in clear without the branches distracting. Look forward to see more in the series. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
17-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Lovely sighting and photograph Praveen! Love the way they are both positioned diagonally. Not to mention the beautiful eye contact. I like the horizontal composition, but I would crop a small part from the right.

TFS, look forward to the others.

Uma Kathyayini
17-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Time is perfect. Nice catch

V S Sankar
22-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Nice to see more of leopard photos at Indiawilds.They are much more elusive than the big cousin,Tiger.Concgratulation on getting your dream shot.

Regards