PDA

View Full Version : Mirchani Male cub

Mrudul Godbole
20-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Photographed this in Bandhavgarh last month. He is one of the Mirchani male cubs. From my angle it was very difficult to get his face because of the grass infront of it. There was no chance of moving as there were atleast 10 gypsy's parked infront of him. I managed to photograph this by standing on the rear edge of the gypsy :).

Canon 50D, 100-400mm L IS USM, ISO 400, f7.1, 1/125, hand held, full frame

Comments and critiques welcome..

Roopak Gangadharan
20-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Nice that you got eye contact. Nice shot considering the circumstances.
TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
20-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Very well managed shot, considering the situation. Did you use selective sharpening for sharpening the head region? Because, the body looks less sharper than the face...or am I imagining things?

tfs

Bhargava

Sabyasachi Patra
20-04-2011, 12:55 PM
You got the eye in the clear. The grass and flowers kind of frame the eye. Were you in the Jeep number 3 while clicking this? I don't remember this scene :(

Composition wise this works, though I would have tried including the tigers head and more space at right or even a vertical with the leg framed at left. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
20-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Did you use selective sharpening for sharpening the head region? Because, the body looks less sharper than the face...or am I imagining things?
Bhargava

Srivari, I have not done any selective sharpening. I have just done the usual processing of adjusting the clarity, vibrance and normal sharpening applied to the entire image.

Sabyasachi, our jeep arrived quite late on the scene, so the view was not the best. With the tiger sitting behind the grass, it was bit difficult to get the eye in the clear. So I stood on the rear edge of the jeep where I could get the eye in the clear :).

Praveen Siddannavar
20-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Lovely image Mrudul, loved the eye contact and details. Agree with Sabyasachi a vertical may also work well.
tfs

Uma Kathyayini
20-04-2011, 08:52 PM
This is an imposing image.