PDA

View Full Version : Roadblock..!!

Dipankar Mazumdar
21-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Dear All,
Tigress from the A-C route in the Bandhavgarh National Park.
EOS 50D+300 f4 IS L @ f8, 1/125, ISO 400

Look forward to comments.

Cheers
Dipankar

Sabyasachi Patra
21-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Such a nice scene. Tiger is aware of the vehicle. How many jeeps were there? You got a good angle. I agree with the composition. What time was it photographed? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
21-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Nice to get a tigress peacefully sitting in the middle of the road :). Good details and eye contact. How long was the sighting? Thanks for sharing.

Dipankar Mazumdar
21-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Dear Sabyasachi, Mrudul,

This was early into the afternoon safari, at about 4 PM. The light was mercifully not too harsh due to a cloudy ambiance and the tigress chose to sit in the shade. We were the second to arrive on the scene and enjoyed her company for a good 15 minutes in a variety of lazy moods before the other jeeps started pouring in. As it got progressively busy, she got up to allow us the right to passage while she retreated into a shaded thicket.

Cheers

Dipankar

Praveen Siddannavar
21-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Wow! Lovely sighting. It is nice to see the tigress so relaxed.
Great work Dipankar!
I missed my trip to B'garh along with Sabyasachi and Mrudul:sad:
tfs

Bhargava Srivari
22-04-2011, 09:02 AM
A very serene scene. She looks so relaxed.....well done Dipankar. The composition is nice too:)

All these images from B'garh make me feel like going there, but I have my reservations about sighting a tiger along with tens of other jeeps
:(

tfs

Bhargava

Neil Mehta
23-04-2011, 10:59 AM
She is Kankattis sister i.e Jurjura tigress daughter earlier litter. Great shot sir. Its always great to find Tigers sitting on road specially when there are not many vehicles.