PDA

View Full Version : White Bellied Sea Eagle

Sagar Patil
21-04-2011, 11:53 PM
I saw this first time in my life -

A huge Aves, this one is fairly standing 2 ft in height. This seems to be a big adult female, not sure though. Male was in search of pray when I took this shot.

Their nest was very big 4 ft in height and 2.5 ft in width.

Taken with my old friend SONY H50 in Auto mode.

Roopak Gangadharan
22-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice image of this majestic raptor. wish the head was lit up as well. Its a treat to watch them in action.
TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
22-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Good to see an image of this ra[tor. Never seen/photographed this bird:( Hope to catch one soon...

Wish you got a better angle with the head region fully visible.

tfs!

Bibhav Behera
22-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Good that you got it close. I have been trying to get a shot of this beauty for months now in Goa with no satisfactory results. Hope to get one soon. I wish you would have had a flatter angle to shoot. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Sagar,
This is a nice sighting. How come you were using the Sony instead of your new Canon? I agree with the previous comments. A lower angle and light on the face would have been great. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
23-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice sighting. Agree with the above comments. Wish the eyes were in the clear. Where was your new gear :) ?Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
25-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Lovely sighting Sagar, agree with comments made. Recently I was at Netrani Islands for Scuba Diving and sighted quite a few of the Sea Eagles. However I didn't carry my gear:(
tfs

Sagar Patil
02-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks all for comments.

Mrudul/Sabysachi, In fact this was my record shot taken in month of Dec, 2010.

I took 7D + 100-400 in Feb, 11. :)

Will have more shots from this gear from my next Bandhavgarh trip this month ending.