PDA

View Full Version : Mirchaini Male Cub

Neil Mehta
22-04-2011, 01:06 AM
Bandavgarh National Park
Canon 7D 100-400
F/6.3 1/320 ISO 500

We were lucky to sight this magnificent male sitting besides the road and posing for us.
Looking fwd to some critique.

Bhargava Srivari
22-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Nice that you got the eyes well. Doesn't look like the space at the top adds much to the image compositionally...did you also make a horizontal image at the scene?

tfs

Bhargava

Mrudul Godbole
23-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Beautiful eye contact. Sharp. The details are good. I am fine with the vertical composition, as the tree on the left frames the image nicely. It is good you used a higher ISO. Look forward to more from Bandhavgarh. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Neil,
This is a lovely image. Perhaps your best shot that I have seen till date. The eye contact is nice and the focus seems to be spot on.

What focal length did you use to click this? Is this cropped?

I am more fine with the space at the top. Images with more than 1000 pixels in vertical orientation becomes difficult to view. If one scrolls down to view the entire image, then it would appear that there is more space on top. For vertical images, I have started posting only 900 pixels so that it becomes easy to view.

On the composition front, the tiger is looking to the left ie. looking out of the frame. So more space in the direction it is looking ie. on the left would have been better. Less space on the right would have enhanced the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Neil Mehta
24-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Sabyasachi ...Thanks ! Focal Lenght is 350mm and its a full frame not cropped. Next time i would keep in mind about the size of vertical shots. I have few horizontal frames of this too..will post them soon.

Praveen Siddannavar
25-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Wow! Beautiful image and lovely eye contact. The details have come out well.
tfs

Bibhav Behera
25-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Lovely details. I like the choice of composition as well. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Tack sharp image with good details and nice compo.Very well done.
TFS
Roopak