1/250
f6.3
ISO 800
FL-500mm
Handheld
Cropped

Bhargava Srivari
22-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Good that u got the toes fully. The perch looks nice too..somehow the head doesn't appear to be in critical focus! Please check on the zoom browser software, where the focus point is:) also, I feel using a single focus point rather than all helps us to focus near the eye/ wherever you want to...hope you do it that way when needed:)

Tfs

Bhargava

Roopak Gangadharan
22-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Nice bird. looks like NR has resulted in loss of detail.
TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
22-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Nice pose. Agree about the detail loss here. What are the light green patches near the lower bill?
My favourite bird... but have'nt been able to get a decent photograph yet. :(
TFS

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
22-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Nice pose. Agree about the detail loss here. What are the light green patches near the lower bill?
My favourite bird... but have'nt been able to get a decent photograph yet. :(
TFS

what did you mean by detail loss?I really couldn't get you.Can you please explain..

Dr. Kalpamoi Kakati
22-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I have not done any noise reduction in this image.I agree that the image could have been sharper..

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-04-2011, 08:11 AM
I mean there could have been more details in the bird's feathers etc. The details seem a little washed out. Since you have not done any noise reduction, maybe it is lack of sharpness that has reduced the details.

Mrudul Godbole
23-04-2011, 07:45 PM
The composition is fine. Nice eye contact. The calling pose looks good. I think there might be a slight shake while hand holding, you can check the following link for further improving the sharpness - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2011, 07:56 PM
The eye contact is nice. I like the calling pose. Wish you were closer to the bird. I agree with the previous comments about lack of details. Perhaps this is a large crop as there is pixelation visible.

While cropping the image the original capture has to be sharp when viewed at 100%. Cropping brings to the fore all the deficiencies in technique as well as loss in sharpness due to lower shutter speed (and/or subject movement).

500mm focal length in a 1.6 crop factor camera is equivalent to shooting in 800mm in a full frame camera (as we used to do in film cameras). Not many people were fortunate to have that long a focal length in the film days. There used to be a few mirror lenses and one canon 1200 mm f5.6 lens which was rumored to have sold about 30 odd pieces world wide.

Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi