PDA

View Full Version : Widest yawn? :)

Abhishek Jamalabad
23-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Found these amusing Bonnet Macaques (Macaca radiata) one hot afternoon on a cliff edge at Monkey Point in Matheran.
The one in this image probably had the widest yawn, I don't think I have ever seen a yawn as wide as this. :D

Canon EOS 500D + Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv 1/250
Av 6.3
Exposure Compensation +2/3
ISO Speed 400
Full frame image
Processed using Lightroom 3.0

Thanks, comments and critiques awaited.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Nice scene. Don't underestimate those canines. Those canines can be really deadly.

This time in Bandhavgarh I found a bonnet macaque chasing away a jackal and the jackal running away in full flight.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
25-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow! Lovely image, the yawn is nice but looks dangerous:), agree with Sabyasachi.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
25-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Nice behavior captured. Seems he was feeling really sleepy :). The canines look quite deadly. Wish the grass just in front was not present. Looks like you were originally trying to photograph the other two on the left and then realised about the yawn later? As the focus is drawn to the pair on the left. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Roopak Gangadharan
25-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Nice.

TFS
Roopak

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone.
Mrudul: I was trying to photograph the yawning monkey, but included the other 2 because I had no way of isolating the single one. Cant find the focus point because I used the central point and then recomposed... :confused: